Please check your email .
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Field Engineer to join the UK largest Rail project Crossrail on a contractual basis in Westferry, London.
The purpose of the role
Assist the Project Field Engineer overseeing the technical and quality aspects of systemwide construction, testing and commissioning activities within the Signalling system contract.
• Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC, where applicable.
• Undertaking reviews as required of systemwide contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
• Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
• Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager/ Railway Systems where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
• Keeping the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues on site.
• Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance.
• Supporting the Project Field Engineer in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
• Receiving and commenting on contractor daily reports. Assisting the Construction Manager and Project Field Engineer in reviewing the programme of works.
• Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
• Degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Experience of the construction of packages of work on comparable railway signalling project works.
• Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
• Knowledge of project controls processes.
• Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations.
• Experience of supervising and administering subcontractors preferable.
Type: 3+ Month Contract
Location: Westferry, London
Rate: £300 - £400 p/d (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella company)
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.