Please check your email .
Job Title: AWS System Administrator
This role will be working with a highly established IT Services company specialising in Infrastructure technology and services including IT lifecycle management, Managed Services, and Consulting & Project Services. They provide onsite and remote Managed Services for a variety of customers across Telecoms, Retail, Media and Financial Services. The AWS System Administrator vacancy has become available due to organic growth. You will be responsible for supporting AWS solutions, both for the clients, customers and internal AWS solutions. This will involve; maintaining the infrastructure, servers and network, resolving system issues for internal AWS infrastructure, managing the day to day operations of the AWS solutions, including deployment of any new server requirements from the business. This role will require willingness to travel on occasion but will predominantly be based on site.
· Maintaining the AWS environments according to the agreed SLA's
· Responding to alerts and notifications from the AWS monitoring
· Writing documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for team support knowledge base.
· Controlling access permissions and privileges
· Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
· Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
· Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents/problems
· Create, manage and evolve polices, processes and procedures
· Instal, maintain and support new applications and infrastructure
· Testing, evaluating and implementation of new technology
· Prove exceptional technology driven leadership skills, cross training and mentoring.
· Willingness to travel on occasion
· Work with a variety of business and technical contacts to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
· Administer backups and restores
· Maintain security infrastructure including antivirus software, firewalls and endpoints
· Administer, monitor and deploy new server instances
· Administer and monitor AWS security access and controls
· Deploy new AWS services using pre-built scripts
· Assist in the development and customisation of deployment scripts
· Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
· Perform within and adhere to the 24*7 on-call rota.
· Multiple OS level exposure
· Considerable general experience in managing server/storage/network/virtualisation infrastructure
· General knowledge of Cloud technologies and solutions
· Knowledge of AWS services, specifically EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, and VPC (or equivalent technologies)
· Exposure to DevOps and SysOps methodologies
· AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.