Please check your email .
Electrical Controls Engineer
My client is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer to be responsible for the maintenance and development of the various equipment Control Systems onsite, with specific focus on the development and integration of Composite/Laser Manufacturing, NDT and Repair Equipment.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Asset Management Leader to deliver the Asset Management Strategy, which will involve planning and executing both in-house and sub-contract activities.
• Responsibility for the implementation and adherence to PUWER across both the legacy and new equipment lines within the factory.
• Very hands-on role working with Maintenance Technicians, Production Engineers and Production Operators to support equipment breakdowns and upgrades, either via work orders received through the Maximo system, or direct requests from production, and any other tasks directed by the Asset Management Leader.
• Integration and Modification of Composite and Laser equipment, including NDT and repair equipment
• Data-logging and analysis of equipment to develop process integration and modifications
• Driving machinery/equipment improvements (including PUWER upgrades), and equipment obsolescence programmes
• Integrating new equipment into existing Control Systems, and supporting machinery manufacturing/breakdown issues during production
• Managing sub-contractors to support equipment upgrades/installations
• Performing FMECA to determine Critical Electrical/Controls Spares on new and existing equipment
• Assisting in Defect Elimination and RCA activities to improve equipment reliability and availability
• Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Degree, with specialism in Control Systems
• Extensive experience Integrating and Modifying Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), preferably covering Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Omron, Giddings & Lewis, Beckhoff and National Instruments
• Extensive experience Integrating and Modifying AC and DC Drive Controllers, preferably Allen Bradley and SSD/Parker Drives
• Hands-on role, involving Data logging & Analysis to integrate and modify control systems
• Preferably Qualified to 17th Edition and Extensive Experience working to BSEN 60204-1
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.