Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Senior Buyer to purchase, at the best possible price and quality any goods or services to the current standard or advised specification as required in the timescale dictated by the needs of the company. To provide specialist knowledge to the department as required advising where necessary and performing as a supervisor and mentor as required.
- Provide a key buying resource to the company
- Obtain quotations as demand dictates for bought out parts either for assigned projects or goods and services as required
- Expediting any orders raised
- To manage selected suppliers when required to do so in line with any specific technical requirements of the product
- To act in response to cost down initiatives identified by the Indirect Manager or others as potential areas for saving, actions, targets and timescales as dictated by the initiative
- Communicate effectively at any level within the business as circumstances dictate
- Perform basic clerical duties within the department, which will include filing, PO separation, mailing of purchase orders and any ad-hoc data entry
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Carry out job related tasks safely constantly operating to good working practices
- Provide reports, updates etc as requested
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of data entry and excel
- MRP experience preferred but not essential
- Proficient with Microsoft applications ¡V Excel and Word in particular
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.