Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for developing project management processes and project teams to achieve the timely and controlled introduction of new
products with minimum risk. The successful candidate will have a hands on and dynamic approach with an ability to engage teams through associated lean project methodology and tools.
The role will be split between managing a small team, creation and reporting of suitable KPI's as well as coordinating a number of projects themselves. These will typically be split acrosss key market sectors of Rail, Aerospace & Industrial and be linked to lightweight composite structures.
- To develop, manage and empower the project teams to deliver projects in a timely manner, engaging cross functional heads and senior staff members as required to escalate project roadblocks.
- To create and maintain project KPI’s linked to cost, quality and delivery as part of a daily / weekly / monthly health check.
- To take the lead on coordinating and ensuring that the teams all deliver in a timely, effective and efficient manner against agreed project milestones and deadlines.
- To manage the full project management life cycle, taking enquiries from a live order through to a stable production solution.
- Work closely with customers, sales and the functional teams to define customer requirements, communicate project progress and agree appropriate actions and deliverables.
- Communicate effectively to internal stakeholders on progress, raise any risks or delays and actively work to resolve these to ensure on time delivery.
- To continuously improve project management systems and processes in turn moving the business to a lean project management culture - e.g daily plan granularity.
- To undertake any other duty as reasonably requested by their line manager.
- Previous track record working within a dynamic project role / environment - ideally automotive, rail or aerospace.
- Experience of composites, door systems and/or interior trim highly desirable.
- Experience of working with customers with a proven track record of defining robust project
- Degree qualified and/or suitable project management qualifications
- Willing to travel on infrequent occasion both within UK and International
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.