Please check your email .
Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire
My client is seeking a Commodity Buyer to provide a key buying resource to the company for a specified commodity or commodities.
- Obtain quotations.
- Expediting any 'specific to the buyer' orders raised as necessary.
- To manage selected suppliers when required to do so in line with any specific technical requirements of the product and budgetary parameters.
- To act in response to cost down initiatives.
- Communicate effectively at any level within the business as circumstances dictate.
- Perform supplier selection activities as required.
- Deal with suppliers in a professional and ethical manner.
- Perform basic clerical duties within the department.
- Provide assistance when necessary to speedily resolve any query invoices to aid the cash-flow of the business.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Carry out job related tasks safely constantly operating to good working practices.
- Relevant degree qualification preferable, but not essential.
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment. Ideally within shop operations.
- MRP experience preferred but not essential
- Relevant experience within an engineering environment, prior experience in technical procurement relating to machining and fabrication, electrical components, hydraulic components, or related activities.
- Understanding of quality requirements and procedures for MOD / sub-sea vehicles.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.