Please check your email .
Working as part of the Research & Technology group, provides a wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts associated with biomedical innovation. Takes a creative role in new technology and concept innovation for a range of complex devices. Embodies a dynamic interaction style resulting in positive engagement with all stakeholders.
- As an Innovation technologist, act as a source of innovative and creative thinking, solving user problems through technical design;
- Lead & project manage the development of new technologies through to their logical conclusion.
- Using the required software tools, rapidly turn new technologies and product ideas into visual or physical designs using sketches, 3D CAD models, visualisations or rapid prototypes;
- Create prototypes to allow for the presentation of concepts or functional/feasibility testing where appropriate;
- Specify, select and integrate mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Integrate electronics and other technologies into the new concepts;
- Lead the process of getting new product concepts & technologies approved for further development by producing supporting - Able to dynamically and confidently interact with stakeholders at many levels within the business, and be able to communicate the value of your innovations and their technical validity;
- Participate in cross functional development teams, and contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the - As a member of a cross-functional project team contributing to team meetings, liaising with suppliers and other functions outside of the R&T group;
- Act as a conduit between R&T and other R&D locations through the communication of ideas, best practice and results across the Centres of Excellence, sharing lessons learnt, and contributing to the development of others;
- Work with and if needed manage external design and technical support including sub-contractors to meet timelines and objectives;
- Participate in technical, critical design reviews as required;
- Drive the development of new technology and concepts resulting in value added IP for the business;
Experience and Education:
- Qualified mechanical or design engineer;
- Confident, proficient and engaging communication style;
- Should have at least 3 years¡¦ experience in 3D CAD systems in a product innovation environment;
- Proven experience in producing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings and associated technical documents within a regulated engineering environment;
- Previous technical leadership experience;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of design and manufacturing processes and knowledge of how to progress a new design from concept to production;
- Experience in generating Intellectual Property an advantage;
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.