Please check your email .
Systems Analyst/Developer - C#, SQL
6 months initially
Our client, a major defence and security company, require a Systems Developer to provide support to the Senior Analyst and assist with the support and development of our clients existing SharePoint, GOLDesp, BizTalk and other Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications with a focus on business intelligence for logistics and sustainment programmes. You will be providing support internally but also for external customers such as MoD and other industry partners.
Job responsibilities will include -
- Provide support to the senior analyst
- Gather business requirements from both internal and external customers
- Develop C# web, console and Windows service applications
- Develop SQL Server database queries, stored procedures that contribute to the functionality, reporting capabilities and/or performance of the business systems
- Improving automation of data extracts sourced from our information systems database
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimise queries and processes
- Assist information system senior analysts in the development of queries, including for data mining
- Evaluate the impact of business requirements & changes on COTS and integration software.
- Be able to provide solutions to mitigate risks
- Possession of strong problem-solving skills; must be a team player
- Provide customer support to agreed service levels
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks
You may, from time-to-time, be required to perform other duties outside of your role to ensure the team continues to deliver a high quality service to our client's customers. These could include (but not limited to) assisting with other areas of system development (such as C# web applications), or application support.
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in C#
- 2-3 years of experience in SQL Server relational database development.
- Ability to capture and analyse requirements to develop new functionality.
Essential skills -
- Have the ability to demonstrate the intellectual calibre and confidence to conduct complex discussions with civilian and MoD customers (subject to the caveats found elsewhere in this job specification - see below) and suppliers.
Desired Skills for the Role
- Knowledge of SharePoint (2010, 2013 & 2016)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap
- Understand source control (TFS)
- Visual Studio 2015
- Windows Domain Security
- Internet Information Services
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security clearance checks required for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.