Please check your email .
Advanced Resource Managers are working with a well-known Defence client based within the Bolton area and require an experienced Production Planner to join the team on a contract basis.
Reporting into a senior member of the Material Logistics Unit, the Production Planners role will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
Ideal candidates will be computer proficient in word processing, manipulating spreadsheets and databases and knowledge of Kanban and ideally 2 bin systems.
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
• Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
• Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
• Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
• Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
• Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
• Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
• Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
• Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
• Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
• The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
• A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
• Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
• Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP would be advantageous
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
• Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
• ESD training.
In return you will be offered a competitive hourly rate, on site free parking, flexible hours, overtime when applicable if desired, subsidised canteen etc.
Does this sound like an opportunity too good to miss? If so, please submit your application to Kaitee Parsons on 02392228209 or email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.