Please check your email .
Title: Test Architect
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £75,000 + Benefits Package
Location: Havant, Hampshire
One of the UK's most prominent defence organisations has a fantastic new opening within their Engineering Leadership team for a Test Architect to join a dynamic and exciting team, developing systems solutions for a variety of military and civil customers.
You will need a broad knowledge of orchestrating systems solutions in a military environment, someone who thinks of all the possibilities and can be ten steps ahead - considering customer requirements and developing them into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost restraints.
Ideally you will have experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools, model based engineering and be ISTB qualified. You will also need experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity levels (SIL2, DO-168) and defining and monitoring sub-contract test activities; but this role requires more than technical ability.
You must be able to stand out and develop into a leader who can be relied upon for expertise within your field. You must be the person who can get things done and work through processes and procedures to find a way round and a timely solution whilst always thinking commercially.
If you are interested, please send your CV and we will be in contact as soon as we can.
• Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
• Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
• Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
• Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
• Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
• Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Experience of integrating complex systems
• Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
• Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
• Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these.
• Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
• Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88 desirable
Please Note: Due to the nature of the position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy.
We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today.
We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.