Please check your email .
As part of an ongoing commitment to improve my client a large internatioanl defence providers business functions and expand their international footprint, there is now an exciting opportunity for a high calibre professional to join the Corporate Tax team to drive financial and business excellence in the EMEA region. Reporting to the Regional Tax Compliance Manager, this role will serve as the primary interface with the International Accounting organisation for alignment on accounting and taxation treatment worldwide.
This position requires strong, accounting and taxation technical knowledge and demonstrated ability to interpret and apply local regulations. To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the necessary experience & skills:
· Oversee the statutory compliance for both direct and indirect taxes in the EMEA region, including Intrastat reporting.
· Maintain EMEA tax calendar to drive accurate and timely filing of all tax returns.
· Support internal tax reporting including tax reconciliations, deferred tax, effective tax rate calculations etc.
· Develop, implement and maintain Tax Control Framework to enhance efficiency and accuracy of tax processes for compliance and reporting.
· Review contracts and bids/proposals to ensure optimal position achieved.
· Support Corporate Tax Department on transfer pricing exercises.
· Assist with tax planning, tax queries, tax audits, M&A and other ad hoc activities as assigned.
· Assist in regional tax compliance for international value added taxes (VAT) including the preparation, filing and payment of VAT returns insuring timely and accurate compliance. Support international income tax compliance.
· Act as the subject expert and regional business partner.
· Work closely with Finance teams and other stakeholders to ensure direct and indirect tax compliance.
· Participate cross-departmental projects to help resolve tax issues and drive business objectives forward.
· Ability to meet deadlines while providing excellent customer service to served business units
· Ability to conduct detailed tax research to provide excellent, consistent guidance to served business units
· Expert in the use of tax research software
· Expert with varying tax jurisdictional requirements for VAT taxes
· Demonstrated ability to work with internal stakeholders to understand customer needs, provide value added support and maintain positive customer relationships.
· Sound tax knowledge and understanding of cross-border tax issues in major economies in Europe.
· Strong business acumen and track record of cross-functional and cross-regional collaboration on operational business issues.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with all levels of stakeholders.
" Meticulous, analytical and hands-on.
· Experience with SOX compliance.
· Experience with MNC.
· VAT experience across multiple taxing jurisdictions, previous exposure in supporting legal entities located across the region
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and to work dynamically with cross-functional teams and multiple internal clients.
· Experience working directly with business clients and working with foreign tax advisors at law firms or the foreign offices of Big Four accounting firm.
· Support corporate development activities in evaluating, developing, and executing foreign acquisitions and joint ventures in a VAT-efficient manner.
· High level of personal and professional integrity
· Active CTA certification or equivalent
Sound like something of interest?
Should you be interested in applying for or hearing more about this position please submit your application to me Kaitee Parsons on 02392228209 or email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment
and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.