Please check your email .
Engineering Workshop Team Leader
Location - Dorset
£38,000 - £40,000
Our client based in Poole, Dorset are currently looking for an Engineering Workshop Team Leader to join their company.
The position will manage the day-to-day operation of the test and prototype laboratories. The ideal candidate will come from a machine shop background or a service/maintenance background, who doesn't mind working a in Lab envrionment, testing and working on Protopes. Additionally, the Laboratory Team Leader runs the safety program for the laboratories, improves laboratory organisation and oversees equipment calibration, preventive maintenance, and training.
Working within a modern laboratory and rapid prototyping environment this individual will contribute to and manage the prototyping and testing of cutting-edge wound healing devices and dressings.
- Effectively leads the day-to-day operation of the test and prototyping laboratories including management of lab technicians.
- Manages the aging facility
- Coordinates overall workflow prioritization, resource utilization, forecast resource requirements, ensuring completion of deliverables to agreed dates.
- Creates and implements strategies to improve and streamline processes. Places a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation through new and improved technologies and innovative processes
- Plays a lead role in the specification, sourcing, training and maintenance of workshop and laboratory equipment
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance by arranging preventive maintenance contracts; scheduling equipment service, repair and calibration.
- Implements work instructions and training processes for laboratory equipment, ensuring operators are properly trained to the use and safety precautions for the equipment
- Contributes individually by testing materials and prototypes, presenting results, analysis, and conclusions in the form of basic reports
- Contributes individually by rapid prototyping dressings and systems using methods such as vacuum casting, vacuum forming, laser cutting, 3D-printing as well as manual assembly
- Sources parts and materials to enable the development of prototypes
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Requisition and control of materials needed to complete testing. This includes ensuring exudates is on hand and within acceptable limits
- Enforces Health and Safety policies and ensure safe working practices are followed
- Ensures COSHH assessments are available for in-house chemicals.
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and removes / reduces these potential hazards to protect employees
- Coordinates hazardous waste disposal for chemicals, batteries, etc
- Provides technical support to the local functions and to the wider Acelity team
- Contributes to the development of new opportunities for high value Intellectual Property
" Experience in regulated laboratory environments, FDA or ISO registered work experience
" Experience & expertise using a range of workshop equipment (CNC, laser cutter, 3D printers), with a demonstrable training record.
" Experience in an engineering laboratory with good knowledge of lab procedure, and methodology.
" Familiar with health and safety requirements applicable to workshop / laboratory environment including COSHH.
" Previous experience in the manufacture and testing of medical products and systems is an advantage.
" Previous experience in supervision or management in a similar environment
" Basic understanding of 3D CAD software e.g. SolidWorks is an advantage
" Minimum degree level (or equivalent vocational qualifications with experience),with at least 5 years experience in an appropriate industry setting
" Full UK driving licence required to allow the individual to work off-site and engage with suppliers.
" Computer literate with experience of Microsoft products, in particular Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will ideally of held a previous Supervisor or Management position within a engineering discipline.
If this role is of interest to you - apply today!
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.