Please check your email .
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for harsh aerospace environments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
• Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
• Support to functional & environmental trials.
• Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
• Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
• Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
• Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity.
Additional Job Details:
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
• Knowledge of several of the following:
Manufacturing processes, Tolerance studies, Environmental test, Mass property calculations, Material selection, FMEA, FEA, Design for Manufacture/Assembly, Environmental Gasket Sealing, Thermal management design, Tooling/fixtures design, Structural design, Defence Standards, Review processes, Product Lifecycles, Industrial validation, Design of PCB enclosures
• An ability to work as part of an engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
• An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.