Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to provide engineering design and support functions and to be responsible for all output as required under instruction from the senior mechanical engineer.
- Responsible for supporting the mechanical aspects of a manned submersible project.
- Produce design specifications and documentation to ISO 9001.
- To provide technical support to the production, logistics and integration departments.
- Offsite engineering support.
- Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques, anodising, welding, heat treatment, painting, machining, cutting, folding and NDT requirements
- Material processing.
- Good theoretical understanding of material science for sub-sea use including galvanic and corrosion effects
- Structural analysis, scoping calculations, hand calculation and FEA.
- Familiar with inspection, testing and certification requirements
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered in exceptional circumstances).
- Proven ability within a design environment, ideally in the design of ROV systems
- Attentive to ISO 9001 QA system
- Flexibility, adaptability and professionalism, with the ability to work cooperatively as part of a multidiscipline team, or on individual projects.
- Software skills:- Microsoft Office Suite, MathCad, AutoCad, Solid Works, FEA using Ansys and/or Solid Works Simulation desirable
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.