Please check your email .
Systems Test & Development Engineer
We require a Development Engineer to develop Air-to-Air Refuelling (AAR) equipment (wing/centreline externally mounted refuelling pods, internal fuselage mounted refuelling units) and Auxiliary Mission Equipment (air-to-air refuelling probes, weapons carriage and release systems) for a wide range of customers. These systems require many leading edge technologies to meet demanding performance and safety requirements; including: precision hydraulic and fuel systems, motor drive technologies, composite braking and actuation, avionic control systems incorporating complex electronic hardware, software and system control, monitoring and indication, aerodynamic metallic and composite structures. Due to a strong order book and increasing workload we need to add a Development Engineer to our current engineering team.
The successful candidate will work as part of the engineering team collating equipment and system level requirements qualification evidence in order to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements. This may involve tasks across either of the main business areas of Air to Air Refuelling and Auxiliary Mission Equipment. The Development Engineer will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes. The successful candidate will work as part of a an engineering team at IPT level or at product level supporting activity to demonstrate function and performance in environment.
The majority of the work will be carried out at a new purpose built engineering facility in Wimborne, Dorset. Occasional (infrequent) travel may be required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities for Development Engineers include:
· Provide technical input to requirements definition and validation.
· Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategy and activity.
· Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects.
· Compilation of test procedures and reports.
· Analysis and interpretation of test data.
· Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
· Input to verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system level to demonstrate compliance to customers.
· Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
Qualifications and experience for Development Engineers will ideally include:
· Relevant degree or equivalent
· Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
· Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc)
· Experience of performing environmental and functional testing
· Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.