Please check your email .
Senior Product Design Engineer
Want to join a growing team at a company famous for their diesel engines? They are looking for a Senior Product Design Engineer to join them at this exciting time and help manage and oversee the production procress of engine systems or components from concept through to manufacture ensuring a robust system/component sign-off that meets all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver engine systems/components from concept design through to analysis, testing, development and engineering sign-off.
- Create system and component specifications and design using the relevant analysis tools to support design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
- Monitor and report status to relevant parties
- Manage suppliers via the APQP process
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
- Having a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline is essential.
- Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off
- Having experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier is desirable
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
- Support progression with a clear career development pathway
- Pension Scheme,
- Medical Insurance and Dental Care Schemes
- 33 Days annual leave
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.