Job Type: Permanent
£48,000 - £56,000
Electronics Engineer - FPGA/Design/VHDL/Electronics/Hardware
£48,000 - £56,000
Commutable from - Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Biggleswade, Northampton
My client is a global defence organisation who are currently looking for a Hardware Electronics Engineer to develop, design and support electronic assemblies through qualification for ground based vehicles.
The successful candidate is expected to take responsibility for the design, development and support of mixed electrical / electronic solutions from concept to completion following a detailed development process. They will provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation, providing direction to the project team against specification requirements and further supporting the design review activities.
- Design and development of electronic circuitry (includes, analogue, digital, microprocessor, FPGA design techniques).
- Electronic circuit simulation and analysis
- Specification and selection of electronic components
- Schematic Capture and associated PCB layouts
- Testing and evaluation of electronic circuits and components
- Preparation of FMEA's and design validation documentation
- Preparation of design review documentation
- The ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from trade studies, requirements documentation to final assembly instructions
- Formal Electronic qualification such as HNC/HND/BEng
- Electronics Hardware Design & Product Development.
- Digital and Analogue Electronics Design
-FPGA Design and Verification - VHDL coding
- Microprocessor Design and Interfaces, both digital and analogue.
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- EMC Awareness at product and PCB level
- Ability to support and manage aspects of Assembly, Integration and Test
- Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Embedded I/O interface design - Differential/Single Ended/Safety Discrete interfaces
- JTAG Design and Programming
- FMEA and Component stress analysis
- Electronics Product Design and Development for Harsh Environments
- Derivation of Sub-system architectures & requirements from System requirements
- Understanding of PCB layout techniques related to Harsh Environments
- Awareness of DO-254 and IEC61508 Design techniques for complex programmable Logic devices
The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore
be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC.
If you feel you are suitable for the above role or would like more information, please call Natasha Fletcher on 02392 458031 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Electronics, Electronics Engineer, Doors, PCB, Hardware, Integration Testing, Defence, MOD & Military
||16 Apr 13
|No. of vacancies:
|Qualifications and certificates required:
||None specifically required
|Health & Safety issues:
|Expenses paid :