Job Type: Contract
CAD DESGINER - NX
Our world renowned automotive client are looking for a number of design engineers to work on up and coming projects. Areas of expertise needed being Doors, closures, BIW, Powertrain and whole vehicle packaging.
Overview of main responsibilities are listed below.
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the realisation of component design & package in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- CAD design and modelling of Body Structures components, powertrain components, closures, doors.
- Preparation of detailed drawings.
- Some preparation of engineering release packs.
- Work under the direction of project engineers/PMST leaders on a day to day basis.
- nvestigation of build issues in Prototype and Online to establish root cause and design changes required.
- Design of components using NX5.
- Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts.
- Take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
- Skilled in automotive component design using I-DEAS or NX5.
- Knowledge of TCe and CATIA V5 is beneficial.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
- Knowledge of quality systems such as 8D and DFMEA would be an advantage as would flexibility and a willingness to take on challenges.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Mechanical Design Engineer , Mechanical, Mechanism, Body, Biw, Closures, Powertrain, Doors, NX5, Unigraphics NX, Packaging, Package, Automotive
||11 Dec 12
|No. of vacancies:
|Qualifications and certificates required:
||None specifically required
|Health & Safety issues:
|Expenses paid :